Sunday, May 12, 2013

Speech


Victor Simmons
5/3/13
English II
Per.4

I would like to thank you all for choosing me, from such a large list of people, each with an amazing talent of their own, and I humbly accept this award for having such a short attention span. First of all, I would like to tell you all of my life as a child, during so is where my achievement of the shortest attention span in the world first began to take place. In class, in my mind, just about anywhere I went and anything I did would take so much longer than it needed to to be completed. One second I would be full on concentrating on my task at hand, then suddenly I’m discussing whether or not I should drink water or juice when I get home for the next half hour. This of course proved to be problematic for almost anything school wise, and even made some of everyday activities a task. Every time I wanted to get something, I would think of anything else, really, anything else except what I wanted to get! Eventually after turning around 6 times, I finally get what I’ve been trying to get in the first place. Even with these challenges, I tread on and still continued on my task of achieving the shortest attention span in the world. Eventually it began to impact my grades, it was a small change, but not very noticeable at first. Eventually it grew to become a problem so I knew I had to become more organized or my parents would force me to quit this “silly” task. So I knew I had to become more organized, thus began my cleaning phase. I cleaned my room, kept my agenda handy and started to write down assignments more and more and that fixed me forgetting my homework, but less so. Finally during the end of highschool I finally had everything set up the future looked bright and my goal for the shortest attention span in the world was practically in my grasp. Then came college and it sent me sprawling down a spiral. There was so much to do and I just couldn’t stay organized enough to remember my assignments. I was just about to fail almost all of my class due to forgotten homework. Eventually my dad chose to intervene after hearing of my problems and decided to tell me something that struck deep. “I’m disappointed in you.” Rather than sit there and more like most people would, I decided to work harder, try more tactics to successfully pass college while sticking to my goal. If it weren’t for my dad I would not be standing here today, accepting this award. He is by far the most caring and sympathetic man I know today. I could go on and on about the great and magnificent deeds he’s done in the past but I’m sure no one wants to hear about all of that. Now back to my short attention span, after college it bloomed into an entirely new level, one that was just out of this world and just couldn’t be compared to any other so-called short attention spans. I had finally achieved my goal and have managed to keep it short enough to be chosen as a recipient of this award. I can honestly say I’ve never been so proud of anything I’ve ever done in my life, I have never even thought I would get an award for doing all of this, I just wanted to break a record! I honestly can’t thank any of you enough for this and I will always remember this day, and everyone here.

No comments:

Post a Comment